Once on a South African Roadtrip
We all know there is nothing better than a road trip but to create the perfect road trip there are a few elements that are essential. Imagine open roads, a car filled with friends/family, padkos (a South African word for snacks, directly translated as road food) and good music, sounds good right?
Certain songs take us back to a place in time and bring back memories and feelings; music is the soundtrack to our lives! We want your South African soundtrack to really represent this summer so we have compiled a playlist of some of our favorite local music that will make your road trip one to remember.
Here are our Top 10 Summer Songs in no particular order to give you a small taste of what to expect. Turn on your spotify and pump up the volume!
To listen to our whole playlist click here and enjoy the essential soundtrack to your holiday.
If you don’t have time for a road trip but would like to see some of the artists on this playlist perform live, there are some awesome festivals and concerts happening this summer, see below;
- Afropunk music festival in Johannesburg: 30-31 Dec
- Jeremy Loops Live at Kirstenbosch NYE: 31 December
- Kirstenbosch summer concerts every Sunday: 15 Dec 2018- 31 March 2019
- Dewaal free summer concerts in the park: 13 Jan, 3 Feb, 3 March & 7 April.
- Up The Creek Music Festival in Swellendam: 07-10 Feb
- Platbos Re-Forest Fest, Friends Weekend: 23-25 March
- Cape Town International Jazz Festival: 29-30 March
- Splashy Fen Music Festival in Underberg: 18-22 April
- Bushfire Music Festival in Swaziland: 24-26 May (watch out for our Bushfire Package - COMING SOON!)
*If our playlist makes you want to go on a road trip but you aren't sure where to go, contact our friendly team to give you all the advice you need! We recommend our all inclusive 8 day Garden Route adventure*